Travelling alone is something I will recommend to anyone at least once in your lifetime. It allows you learn a lot about yourself.
I started started traveling alone a few years back and it was one the of the best decision I ever made. Last November I took an international trip and spend some time in Paris, London, and Belgium. I would have never experience these beautiful cities if I hadn’t overcome my fear of traveling alone.
Before taking an international trip alone, I first decided to take little trips by myself around Seattle, where I reside. I would recommend doing this before you travel abroad so you are more comfortable being by yourself in a familiar area.
Here are a list of things I would recommend doing before you take your first big international trip.
- Spend some time researching all the cool places to visit in your state. Spend time touring these places in your alone. Feel what it’s like to visit places by yourself.
- Plan activities you like doing in your free times. For me I always enjoy spending time at any museums, farmers market, etc…
- Don’t like being alone at all, try the Meet-Up app. This app allows you to connect with locals, and try new hobbies. I would highly recommend this app. Who know? You might find friends to travel with.
- Try the Airbnb app. The app if full of experiences you can book just about anywhere in the world. It is a fun way to meet people from around the world. The app allows you to also book private experiences if your’e interested in that.
- Want to get some of those travel photos but don’t have anyone to take them, Airbnb is also a great tool for that. Many tour guide will take your photos on your phone or camera. Many experiences now on the app are photo tours, meaning you get your photos taken professionally while touring the city. The photos on here were taken on a photo tour in Seattle.
- Lastly, don’t plan too many things to do in a day. You don’t want to feel rushed. Allow plenty of time between places.
If you are ever in the Seattle, be sure to check out the “Photoshoot in Pike Place” by Cameron experience. These shots were taken by him.